About Scripture Union Australia
Scripture Union Australia (SUA) is an interdenominational Christian movement committed to providing Australian children, young people and families with opportunities to experience the transforming love of Jesus and to pursue a lifelong journey of discipleship.
SUA is part of the worldwide Scripture Union movement, a movement of Christians working with churches to make God’s Good News known to children, young people and families and to encourage people of all ages to meet God daily through Bible reading and prayer. (scriptureunion.org.au)
SUA is a charitable 'limited by guarantee' not-for-profit organisation comprising more than 900 staff and thousands of volunteers, working with churches and serving in communities in all states and territories across Australia.
All SUA staff and volunteers are empowered and equipped to champion a child safe culture and are committed to the highest standards of safety and care in our work with children, young people and families.
SUA in Western Australia
The WA team is looking for an enthusiastic person to support our staff and volunteers part time (2 days per week) by effectively maintaining our program and camping equipment and performing general minor maintenance duties. This role will be based in Bayswater, WA.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- General handy person skills, applicable to minor building maintenance and maintenance of camping equipment
- Ability to work in a highly systematic manner
- Ability to relate and communicate to a variety of people
- Ability to work in a team
- Reliability with a "can do" attitude
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel and Database.
- Current driver’s license (essential)
- Maintenance of SU camping equipment
- Manual handling
- Minor maintenance of property and garden care
- Equipment bookings
- Storeroom housekeeping
The closing date for this position is 13 September 2021. Enquiries about this role may be directed to Bea Wickham (Ministry Operations and Support Leader) on (08) 9371 9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(Recruitment agencies need not enquire or apply. Only direct candidate applications will be considered.)